Last night my boyfriend and I fixed a recipe I made up awhile back. We started Weight Watchers a few months ago so we occasionally try a new dish to break up the monotony of diet eating. The good thing about WW is that we really are free to eat what we want, but we try to make healthier choices where we can. This would be one of those choices.
Sure we could have ordered Papa John’s and eaten it at 6pts per slice, but where is the fun in that?!
What you will need for this pizza:
- Whole wheat flour tortillas (we buy the 8 pack and get 2 batches out of it)
- 14 oz jar of pizza sauce (pick your favorite brand. You should get 2 uses out of a jar)
- Kraft Fat Free Mozzarella cheese
- 16oz package Sweet Italian turkey sausage (highly suggest Weis brand! Its our favorite. They tend to keep it in the back so if you don’t see it, ask!)
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 medium orange pepper
- Minced garlic
- Preheat over to 400º F.
- Cut up turkey sausage into 1in. pieces (can adjust the size to your liking. We like ours a little thick).
- Brown turkey sausage in medium saucepan.
- While turkey is cooking, cut up onion and pepper and put aside.
- Once turkey is browned, put in separate container and set aside.
- Saute onions and peppers together.
- While waiting for veggies to get tender, take 2 tortillas and spray both sides with Pam cooking spray. Place in oven. Be careful to check often so they do not burn.
- Put roughly 2 tbsp. of pizza sauce in the center of the tortilla and work out to the edges in a circular motion.
- Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce.
- Place topping mixture on top of cheese by the spoonful to your liking
- Sprinkle more mozzarella cheese on top of the mixture (if you want to be good/healthy, you may not use as much cheese as us)
- Place 2 tortillas with toppings on round pizza tray and put in the oven until cheese is fully melted (roughly 3-5 min depending on how much cheese you used)
- Let cool for a few minutes, then cut into 4’s with a pizza cutter
- Stuff your face!! ♥
Hopefully you enjoy these as much as we do. Regardless, it makes for a fun time in the kitchen. This is pretty easy for kids to help out as well 🙂